The Blog of Gordon Pruitt the Pastor of St. Matthew's United Methodist Church in Richmond Virginia

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Prayers for Recovery


Last March I signed up for a physical fitness program called Seal Team PT. Seal Team is a fitness program created by former Navy Seal John McGuire. It is an awesome program and it hard to believe that people pay money to be worked to death at 5:45 in the morning. It's not unusual at the end of a workout to have done over 200 push ups and dips and to have ran a minimum of 2 miles. But that is exactly what over 150 people do everyday.
Three weeks ago while jumping on a trampoline with an 8 year old, John fell off and broke his neck. Today he left the hospital 3 weeks ahead of schedule and while he has a long way to go he expects to make a full recovery. Here is a story about John from today's Richmond Times Dispatch. John you continue to be in my prayers and look forward to seeing you soon.
God Bless

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hoo Yah Gordon!
I came across your post by accident, but had to give a quick shout out Instructor McGuire, and you.

After 7+ years of surrounding myself with this group... I too can say I am amazed everyday at the friendship, tough but fun workouts, and team inspiration I feel for one hour each day; whether it's at 5:45AM, 9:30AM, or 6:00PM class - I always feel welcome and blessed to be alive.

I hope this finds you well.
Chris