The Blog of Gordon Pruitt the Pastor of St. Matthew's United Methodist Church in Richmond Virginia

Monday, April 14, 2008

What if...

"let's say I confessed to you my disgust with someone who annoyed me and how hopeless I felt about ever loving this person. What if instead of trying to make me feel better by saying, 'Nobody's perfect,' you said you believed in God's power to transform me into a radical person who pays loving attention to those who annoy me? What if you prayed for me about this? What if later that day you encountered an annoying person and without thinking, treated that person with kindness and attentiveness-partly because of the transforming effect of our conversation about the kingdom personality?"
From the devotionals Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice, based on Dallas Willard's Renovation of the Heart.

1 comment:

Justin said...

i have been praying for patience with the annoying people in my lives for a while. however, i still lack in patience and bryson still annoys me.